Audition for this summer's showcase production of "The Inconvenient Miracle: A Mysterious Birth Musical"!
Music & Lyrics by Emily Rose Simons
Book by Emily Claire Schmitt
Additional Story by Ria T. DiLullo
Presented in partnership with EAG Open Stage Grant
Performances August 11 - 27
"IM" is a fun new musical comedy with an all female cast & hard hitting themes.
In order to audition, take a look at our full casting notice and when you're ready, submit your materials to our audition form. We also ask that you take a look at the production calendar and ensure you're available.
- IM features an all female-identifying cast for a variety of vocal ranges and styles.
- Actors of all ethnicities and body types are welcome.
- While many of the characters are teenagers, we are looking for adult actors 18+ who are comfortable playing teen-aged.
- VANESSA ROSALES (15): The lone atheist at a Catholic girls’ high school. Just trying to survive the next four years until she can go to college, preferably MIT. Vocal range flexible.
- SISTER FLORENCE (60s-70s): The last surviving nun at Saint Angela’s School for Girls. Her Catholic faith can also be described as “surviving.” Has been living in the closet for her entire life. Vocal range flexible.
- ABIGAIL PERCY (14-15): She is a teenage mystic, which means she literally talks to Jesus. She is not hallucinating. She is not a liar. She is the antagonist. Vocal range flexible.
- TRISHA MONTGOMERY (14-15): Vanessa’s only friend at school. But then again, she’s friends with literally everyone. Secretly Episcopalian. Soprano.
- MARJORY ROSALES (60s-70s): Vanessa’s grandmother and Florence’s former lover. Used to be a nun. Dies in Act 1, but that can’t stop her. Soprano; should be comfortable with classical singing and operatic-style recitative.
- MARY ALICE / MARY ROSE / MARY JANE (14-15): A trio of disciples. They switch sides constantly, but they’re always following someone. 1 alto, 1 mezzo-soprano, 1 soprano.
How To Submit Your Self-Tape Audition:
- Prepare and record a 30-45 second contemporary monologue of your choosing.
- Prepare and record 30-40 seconds of two contrasting songs of your choosing.
- If you are uploading your files, please label them:
“First_Last_Monologue” or “First_Last_Songs”
- Fill out our Audition Form in order to send us your self tapes.
- Call backs will be invitation-only on Sunday May 22 | 10am - 2pm
- Ripley Grier Studios 939 8th Avenue
- You will find out your callback status via email no later than Sunday May 15